Sunday 11 July 2010

Race for Life

Hello! i'm slightly surprised i've mustered up enough energy to actually write this blog post as i've just completed what felt like the longest 5k of my life!!!
But all for a GREAT cause and what a fantastic atmosphere it was! Raising money for cancer research i dragged myself round Chesterfield town centre and Queens Park all red faced but as stubborn and determined as ever in a pleasantly surprising 33MINUTES!!!!!! WOW yes! to say the winner did it
in 19mins actually puts it a little more in perspective and makes me feel incredibly proud & slightly masks the thumping dehydration headache and pulled muscles i am now enduring! yes i know it seems like a walk (or run!) in the park to some of you sporty ladies out there, but for a 'non runner' it was quite an achievement i tell you! Especially as my friend Steph & I's idea of training was 10minutes on Wii fit followed by a glass of chardonnay for 'doing so well!!!!'

Anyway all is better in retrospect as always! I was running for a sadly missed friend & fantastically talented man Phil Birkett who sadly lost his battle with cancer last year, who was certainly in my thoughts & kept me going when my legs were aching and i didn't want to run that last 1k ; and i'm proud to say raised lots of money in his memory and for a great cause!

Here's to Phil :)

No comments:

Post a Comment